A deliciously balanced blend of crisp Cameo apples, celery, raisins, chicken breast, and Greek yogurt-based dressing, served over a bed of lettuce.
- 2 red apples (such as Cameo Apples)
- 2 celery stalks (diced)
- 2 chicken breasts (skinless, cooked, diced, about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 16 lettuce leaves (Bibb, Romaine, green or red leaf)
- Cut apples in quarters; remove core and chop.
- In a medium-size bowl, mix all ingredients, except lettuce.
- To serve, arrange lettuce on serving plates top with apple and chicken salad.
Weekly Menu Planning Tip: When you're planning a dinner with chicken cook up extra chicken breast and refrigerate for later use in this salad.
Serve with 8 oz non-fat milk and 1 slice rustic whole-grain bread.
Source: Produce for Better Health Foundation
Sign-up today for Healthy Savings powered by AARP Foundation and start saving!