You can vary this recipe by using whatever vegetables you have on hand (fresh, frozen, or canned)!
- 1 pie crust (baked, 9-inch)
- 1 cup vegetables (chopped, broccoli, zucchini, or mushrooms)
- 1/2 cup cheese (shredded)
- 3 egg (beaten)
- 1 cup milk (non-fat)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Shred the cheese with a grater. Put it in a small bowl for now.
3. Chop the vegetables until you have 1 cup of chopped vegetables.
4. Cook the vegetables until they are cooked, but still crisp.
5. Put the cooked vegetables and shredded cheese into a pie shell.
6. Mix the eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a bowl.
7. Pour the egg mix over the cheese and vegetables
8. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
9. Let the quiche cool for 5 minutes before serving
Source: Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Program, Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Linoleic Acid||1 g|
|a-Linolenic Acid||0 g|
|Omega 3 - EPA||0 mg|
|Omega 3 - DHA||15 mg|
|Total Carbohydrate||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Total Sugars||3 g|
|Added Sugars||0 g|