A refreshing vinaigrette completes this crisp garden salad topped with herb-marinated chicken.
- 2 pounds assorted seasonal garden greens (arugula and baby spinach, about 22 cups)
- 6 chicken breasts (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 lemon zest
- 2 tablespoon chives, chopped (about 6 sprigs)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup sherry vinegar
- 2 lemons (juiced)
- 1 shallot (finely minced)
- 1 tablespoon oregano (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon basil (chopped)
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon honey
1. Place all ingredients in a bowl except olive oil.
2. Slowly whisk olive oil into mixture until emulsified. Chill.
3. Wash lettuce.
4. Marinate chicken with herbs, lemon zest and olive oil.
5. Season with salt and pepper and grill.