This delicious chili packed full of veggies, beans, and spices is fast enough for a weeknight dinner. Top with cilantro for a boost of flavor. Makes 4 servings.
- 2 onion (large, cut into 1/4 inch pieces)
- 1 green bell pepper (cut into 1/4 inch pieces)
- 3 garlic clove
- 2 jalapeno chilis (fresh, diced)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin (ground)
- 2 cans whole tomatoes, low sodium (28 ounces total - cut into 1/4 inch pieces or 8 medium fresh tomatoes)
- 2 zucchini (medium - cut into 1/4 inch pieces)
- 2 summer squash (medium - cut in to 1/4 inch pieces)
- 1 can kidney beans (16 ounce, rinsed)
- 1 cup cilantro (or coriander) (chopped, fresh)
- salt and pepper (to taste, optional)
1. In a large pot saute onions, bell pepper, garlic, and jalapeno in oil over medium high heat for about 5 minutes - stirring often.
2. Add chili powder, cumin, half of the chopped cilantro, salt and pepper, and continue cooking for another 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add the tomatoes, zucchini, squash, and bring mixture to a simmer.
4. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add beans, and continue to simmer for another 5 minutes.
6. Serve the mixture hot. Put remaining cilantro on top.
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Linoleic Acid||3 g|
|α-Linolenic Acid||1 g|
|Omega 3 - EPA||0 mg|
|Omega 3 - DHA||0 mg|
|Dietary Fiber||12 g|
|Total Sugars||14 g|
|Added Sugars included||0 g|
|Vitamin A||85 mcg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||1 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0 mcg|
|Vitamin C||99 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 mcg|
|Vitamin E||4 mg|
|Vitamin K||45 mcg|
|Folate||183 mcg DFE|