Watermelon can be combined with savory ingredients for a surprising and refreshing twist in this simple and quick gazpacho recipe.
- 4 cup cubed, seeded watermelon (divided)
- 1 cucumber (peeled, coarsely chopped, divided)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoon chopped onion
- 2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped (optional)
1. In a small bowl, mix 1 cup of cubed watermelon and 1/2 of chopped cucumber; set aside.
2. Process remaining ingredients in a food processor or blender until puréed.
3. Transfer all ingredients to a large bowl and stir.
4. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Serve with an 8 oz glass of non-fat milk and whole-grain pita bread/chips with hummus.
Source: Produce For Better Health Foundation
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Linoleic Acid||0 g|
|a-Linolenic Acid||0 g|
|Omega 3 - EPA||0 mg|
|Omega 3 - DHA||0 mg|
|Total Carbohydrate||13 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Total Sugars||10 g|
|Added Sugars||0 g|